This Easy Lemon Garlic Broccolini is a quick and delicious side dish that pairs well with so many main dishes. Ready in about 15 minutes.
If you’re looking for a bright and fresh veggie side dish, this flavourful Lemon Garlic Broccolini is perfect! Have it on the table in 15 minutes or less.
About Lemon Garlic Broccolini
Broccolini is similar to broccoli, but the stems are longer and more thin, and the florets are smaller. The flavour is pretty identical to broccoli, but it’s bit more tender and sweet. We love it. Especially when it’s sautéed with lemon, garlic and butter. This side dish is crispy yet tender, fresh with lemon juice and so flavourful from the garlic and butter.
Lemon Garlic Broccolini Recipe Tips
- Broccolini: Use fresh broccolini. Trim the ends and remove any excess leaves you don’t want.
- When is the broccolini done? The broccolini should be tender with some light crunch, yet still bright green in colour.
- Adding the lemon juice: Don’t add the lemon juice until right before you serve the broccolini, or the broccolini will turn brown…it will still taste great, but won’t look as nice.
- This recipe cannot be made ahead: Broccolini cooks so quickly that you don’t really need to make it ahead of time. If you make it too soon it will just end up limp and brownish in colour.
- Leftovers: Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.
What to serve with Lemon Garlic Broccolini
This fresh and delicious side dish is wonderful with fish, and any roasted meats (chicken, steak, pork chops). It’s also tasty alongside creamy pasta dishes. Here are some recipe ideas:
Easy Lemon Garlic Broccolini
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb fresh broccolini
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/8 tsp salt
- fresh ground pepper
- fresh lemon juice from 1/2 lemon
- Melt the butter in a large skillet set on medium heat.
- Add the minced garlic and sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Add the fresh broccolini, coating it in the butter and garlic, and sauté for about 2 minutes.
- Then add a couple of tablespoons of water to the pan, cover and let simmer until the broccolini is tender, yet still bright green (this should take only a few minutes).
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Serve immediately.