KEY INGREDIENT: There’s one entire orange in these muffins!
EASE: Use a blender to do most of the hard work of mixing.
FLAVOURFUL: Deliciously orange-y!
About these Orange Blender Muffins:
You didn’t read that wrong! Yes, there is an entire orange, including the peel, in these Orange Blender Muffins. This is what give these muffins all their delicious orange flavour and what makes them so moist. If you love muffins and oranges, then you’ll love these!
So easy to make!
I think these might be the most simple muffins I’ve made yet! Most of the work is done in a blender (or food processor), so everything comes together so easily. I mean, what’s not to love about tossing ingredients into a blender and letting it do all the mixing?! Then all you have to do is stir in the dry ingredients and you’re done.
Double the batch!
This recipe makes 12 large muffins, and trust me, they’ll disappear fast! So if you love them, then double the batch and save half for later…your future self will thank you!
Blender Orange Muffins Recipe Tips:
- Orange: Use a fresh, medium sized navel orange. Leave the peel on, then cut it into small pieces, removing any seeds. Then blend.
- Blender: I like to use a regular stand blender to make these muffins, but a food processor also works. The key is to puree the orange until it’s nice and smooth.
- Sprinkle the tops with sugar: Before you bake these orange muffins, generously sprinkle the top of each muffin with sugar. This will create a nice sugary crust while it bakes.
- Storage: These muffins can be stored in an airtight container on the kitchen counter (they don’t need to be kept in the refrigerator). They are best enjoyed within 2-3 days.
- Freezing: These muffins freeze well. Store them in an airtight container or plastic bag in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Questions about basic ingredients? Read my FAQ page!
How to make orange blender muffins:
Cut up an orange, with the peel ON, then put them into a blender or food processor with 1/2 cup orange juice. Then puree until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla, blend until smooth.
In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Combine with the orange mixture. Scoop into a lined muffin tin and bake.
Blender Orange Muffins
- 1 medium orange with the peel, cut into small chunks (remove any seeds)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a muffin tin with 12 liners.
- Wash the orange. Cut it into small chunks, making sure to leave the peel ON, and remove any seeds.
- Place the orange chunks and the 1/2 cup of orange juice into a blender or food processor. Process until smooth.
- Then add the egg, butter and vanilla. Process until smooth. You might have to use a spatula to clean off the sides a couple of times.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda.
- Pour the orange mixture into the dry ingredients and combine.
- Fill the muffin cups with the batter, distributing the batter evenly between the 12 cups.
- If you like, sprinkle the tops with white sugar.
- Bake for 15 – 17 minutes. The tops should be lightly golden brown, and toothpick inserted into the centre of a muffin should come out clean.
- Let cool on a wire rack.
don’t miss our
FREE Meal Planning Printables
Make meal planning easier than ever with these FREE Meal Planning Printables! Everything you need for daily, weekly and monthly meal planning.