If you’re looking for a simple, peanut buttery sweet treat, these no-bake Peanut Butter Puffed Wheat Squares are delicious!
SIMPLE INGREDIENTS: Just 6 ingredients! 7 if you add chocolate.
PROS: This is a no-bake dessert! So easy.
QUICK: Ready in 30 minutes, including cooling time.
About these Peanut Butter Puffed Wheat Squares:
These easy no-bake squares are crunchy, sweet and so peanut buttery! Made with just 6 simple ingredients: sugar, peanut butter and 3 different kinds of cereal (or 7 ingredients if you add chocolate…yum!). They make a great snack or addition to lunch boxes…my Mom used to make these squares and put them our lunch boxes as kids, and now I’m making them for my own kids! I love family recipes. I hope you love them too.
A great way to use up bits of cereal.
If your pantry is anything like mine, then you probably have boxes of cereal with little bits in the bottom that no one will eat…I don’t understand why the kids just don’t finish up all of the cereal haha! So instead of letting leftover cereal sit there and get stale, these no-bake Peanut Butter Puffed Wheat Squares are a perfect way to use it up.
Peanut Butter Puffed Wheat Squares Tips:
- Peanut Butter: Use smooth or crunchy peanut butter. I’ve never made this with natural peanut butter, so I don’t know how it would turn out.
- Cereals: This recipe calls for corn flakes, rice krispies and puffed wheat. I’ve also used sugar crisps instead of the puffed wheat. You could also use cheerios or chex.
- Chocolate: You can add milk chocolate chips, semi-sweet chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, peanut butter chips or candy coated chocolate.
- Make sure not to boil the sugar mix for too long. Basically, once the mixture comes to a low boil, stir continuously for about 1 minute, the remove it from the heat and stir in the peanut butter. If you cook the mixture too long your squares will be hard.
- Pan Size: Use an 8 x 8 baking pan. Make sure to line it with parchment paper or grease it with butter.
- Storage: Keep in an airtight container on your counter for up to 5 days. It will harden over time, so it’s best to enjoy right away, and keep covered.
- Can this square be frozen? No, I do not recommend it, as it will get too soft.
Peanut Butter Puffed Wheat Squares
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 4 cups corn flakes
- 1 cup rice krispies
- 1 cup puffed wheat cereal
- 1/2 cup chocolate optional
- In a large bowl combine the cereals. Set aside.
- Line an 8 x 8 pan with parchment paper (or you can grease it with butter). Set aside.
- In a saucepan over low-medium heat, melt the sugar and syrup together. Bring to a light boil for 1 minute, then remove from heat.
- Stir in the peanut butter until smooth.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture over the cereal and combine.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Add the mixture to the prepared pan and let cool for at least 20 minutes before cutting.
Love peanut butter? Then you’ll love these Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Oatmeal Bars!
More No-Bake Cereal Square Recipes:
These recipes are over on my other website (A Pretty Life in the Suburbs):
PIN IT to make later!