If you’re looking for a delicious way to make potatoes, these oven roasted potatoes make a great side dish. Get creative and add any of your favourite seasonings and herbs.
About these Oven Roasted Potatoes:
These potatoes are salty and flavourful. And they’re crispy on the outside, but soft and creamy on the inside.
How to make Oven Roasted Potatoes:
Toss potato chunks in oil, season and roast in a high heat oven for about an hour. SO simple, and so good. Oh, and make sure to stir the potatoes a few times during roasting so they don’t stick to the baking sheet…it’s also the best way to ensure all sides of the potatoes get nice and crispy.
Oven Roasted Potatoes Recipe Tips:
- Potatoes: I like to use small potatoes, often called baby potatoes. I’ll cut bigger ones in half, or if the potatoes are small enough I will leave them whole. You can also use any kind of potato that you like though, cut yellow, red or Yukon gold potatoes into small chunks, about 1 inch pieces.
- Peel or no peel? This is entirely up to you! If the skins are clean and fresh, I like to leave them on, but if you don’t like them, feel free to peel the potatoes.
- Oil: You can use olive oil, vegetable oil or canola oil.
- Salt: You can use regular table salt, but I prefer seasoning salt like Lowry’s or Hy’s.
- Options: If want to add fresh herbs, mix them in about half way through the roasting time (or more), as they will burn.
- Roasting Time: We like our roasted potatoes quite crunchy, so sometimes I bake them for an hour or more. Once the roasting time gets to 45 minutes, watch them so they don’t burn.
- Make it a meal! Serve with roasted chicken and Lemon Garlic Broccolini! They’re also great with this Beef Stroganoff Meatloaf.
What to do with leftovers?
How to Make the Best Oven Roasted Potatoes
- 1 lb baby potatoes sliced in half
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt or seasoning salt
- 1/8 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a bowl toss the toss the potatoes in the olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Lay the potatoes out onto a baking sheet, and roast them for about 45 minutes (see recipe tips), watching them carefully and stirring them occasionally.
don’t miss our
FREE Meal Planning Printables
Make meal planning easier than ever with these FREE Meal Planning Printables! Everything you need for daily, weekly and monthly meal planning.
PIN IT to make later!