These Jello Whips are so pretty and perfect for Valentine’s Day! A simple dessert that looks so fancy but isn’t.
EASE: So easy these can be assembled in 5 minutes!
SIMPLE INGREDIENTS: Uses just 2 ingredients to make.
HOLIDAY PERFECT: A pretty Valentines’s Day dessert.
About these Jello Whips:
These Jello Whips are a light and fluffy dessert made with jello and Greek yogurt. You can make them with any flavour of jello, but pink jello like cherry, strawberry or raspberry, makes them a perfect treat for Valentine’s Day!
Serve up something love-ly.
I immediately thought of Valentine’s Day when we made these strawberry Jello Whips…pretty in pink just says love day! But honestly, these are delicious any day of the year. For special times like Valentine’s Day it’s nice to serve them in pretty cups like these coupes, but really, any little cup or bowl will do.
Jello Whips Recipe Tips
- Jello: You can use sugar free jello (a ~ 9 g or 10 g box) or regular jello (85 g box). The important thing to note is that the total amount of liquid with the jello should be 2 cups total (with the water added).
- Make sure the Jello dissolves! As with every jello recipe you ever make, make sure the jello powder dissolves in the water or it won’t set properly.
- Yogurt: We like to use plain Greek yogurt, but you can use flavoured Greek yogurt.
- Flavour Additions: For more flavour you can stir in chopped fruit like strawberries, blueberries or raspberries before putting the mixture into serving cups. You can also use 1 cup of juice instead of the 1 cup of cold water before blending.
- Let them sit! These need to chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours (cover them). You can make them ahead of time too and keep them covered in the fridge overnight.
- Toppings: Serve with a dollop of whipped cream and chopped fresh fruit if you like.
- Why are there bubbles on the top? This just happens because the mixture is made in the blender which adds air. If you let the mixture settle about 10 minutes before pouring it into serving cups, many of the bubbles will disappear. But honestly, they’re no big deal, these jello whips are delicious nonetheless.
- Why are there 2 layers? Again, this just happens because the mixture is made in the blender and the lighter portion with bubbles moves to the top. I actually think it looks pretty…and the top layer is nice and fluffy.
- What are those cute little heart things on top of the whipped cream? These are heart shaped strawberry marshmallows that I found at Bulk Barn.
Valentine’s Day Jello Whips
- 1 9 g box sugar free jello or 1 (85 g) box regular jello (I used strawberry) See tips above.
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- In a bowl mix the jello powder with the boiling and cold water, making sure to mix well until the jello dissolves.
- Then pour the jello into a blender.
- Add the Greek yogurt to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into about 4 – 5 small cups to set.
- Cover the cups and put them in the fridge to set for at least 2 hours. They can sit overnight.
- Serve and enjoy!
don’t miss our
FREE Meal Planning Printables
Make meal planning easier than ever with these FREE Meal Planning Printables! Everything you need for daily, weekly and monthly meal planning.